Adoption terms & conditions
1. Adoption fees are non-refundable and is payable on the day of the adoption. This is not payment for the pet but to go towards funding to help other pets needing our help. Our Minimum donation is now (POA)
2. The need for insurance is essential as the rescue will not be held responsible for the vet's bills.
3. If the potential adopters want a dog to live outside, it can only be a dog that is already used to living outside. 4.
We do not re-home dogs to be used for guarding, breeding, or anything other than as a family pet.
5. We do not place dogs in a family home where they will be left for longer than 4 hours a day at any one time. 6. The new adopter must agree to have the pet either neutered or spayed within 3 months if the pet, for medical or age reasons has not been neutered or spayed yet.
7. New adopters must also agree that we can keep in touch for the rest of the pet's life. A follow-up visit may be arranged.
8. We do not normally re-home dogs to people who have 3 or more dogs.
9. If there are already dogs (or other pets of the same species as the adopted pet) they must be neutered or spayed.
10. If the new adopter already has a dog, I will only usually give them a dog of the opposite sex.
11. New adopters are not allowed to re-home the pet themselves; the pet must come back to LAMD
12. New adopters must advise me immediately of any change in circumstances which would mean that the pet are not getting the attention etc, that the pet deserves.
13. If everything goes well at the Home Check and you are able too, adopt a pet through me, you must be aware that you cannot at any time part with that pet for any reason, unless he/she comes back to LAMD
14. At the time of adoption, there is a donation expected to be paid for each pet. This goes towards the ever-growing vet and fostering costs and are not a payment for the dog, nor purchase of the adopted pet. This donation is non-refundable.
15. If a dog gets ill on you after adopting it being fit and healthy you will be responsible for vet fees as it left as a healthy dog
16. After a bad experience with the last client I had, we will no longer let any of our dogs go to households with kids under the age of 5 years old. as from 16/08/2019
17. Please note if you are to sell one of LAMD adopted dogs you will be prosecuted and made to pay compensation in a small claims court/.
18. Please note in terms of keeping in touch with the family the adopted dog came from that will no longer be allowed all updates will come from myself not from the previous owners as to avoid bringing LAMD in disrepute by discussing personal info such as adoption fees etc.
19. Last but not least always research the breed before you adopt to prevent disappointment
20. Proof of address must be provided. Personal identification must be provided.
21. You must be a working professional to adopt a dog from us.
22.. You must be a Home owner to adopt from us
23. You must be over 30 or over to fit our adoption criteria
24. If you are an x offender you cannot adopt from us
Re-home your dog here!