Foster a dog
Help make a difference
Short term dog carers needed
Leicestershire Dogs looking for committed people whom can offer short term care to dogs that are in need of being looked after.
Would you like a Dog but you are not in a position to have one on a long term basis?
Benefits to you:
- You'll be helping dogs to enjoy a healthy happy stay in a comfortable home
- Enjoy all the excitement of pet ownership without long term commitment and cost
- Gain practical skills, experience and training through Leicestershire Dogs
- Develop skills and improve your CV/chances of getting an animal care position
- Join a great team of like-minded people
- All equipment and food provided by their owners at no cost to you.
1. As a foster carer you must be contactable if one of our dogs is in your care.
2. Foster carers must have experience in basic dog training and a high level of customer service experience.
3. On receiving a dog to foster we would expect a video clip and a few photos ASAP.
4. Foster carers would be expected to represent Charnwood Dogs in a professional manner at all times.
5. Dog's bad habits must be corrected by carer while in care.
6. We would expect dogs to be walked at least 2-3 times a day by carers.
7. If a foster carer don't/can't follow instructions they will be dismissed instantly
8. When a dog is in care we expect regular updates and video clips.