Terms & Conditions
1. Adoption fees are non-refundable and are payable on the day of the adoption. This is not payment for the pet but to go towards funding to help other pets needing help. The minimum donation is £150 some dogs may be more dependent on breed, size, and age.
2. The need for insurance is essential as the rescue will not be held responsible for the vet's bills.
3. If the potential adopters want a dog to live outside, it can only be a dog that is already used to living outside. 4.
I do not re-home dogs to be used for guarding, breeding, or anything other than as a family pet.
5. I do not place dogs in a family home where they will be left for longer than 4 hours a day at any one time. 6. The new adopter must agree to have the pet either neutered or spayed within 3 months if the pet, for medical or age reasons has not been neutered or spayed yet.
7. New adopters must also agree that I can keep in touch for the rest of the pet's life. A follow-up visit may be arranged.
8. I do not normally re-home dogs to people who have 3 or more dogs.
9. If there are already dogs (or other pets of the same species as the adopted pet) they must be neutered or spayed.
10. If the new adopter already has a dog, I will only usually give them a dog of the opposite sex.
11. New adopters are not allowed to re-home the pet themselves; the pet must come back to Leicestershire Dogs
12. New adopters must advise me immediately of any change in circumstances which would mean that the pet is not getting the attention etc, that the pet deserves.
13. If everything goes well at the Home Check and you are able to adopt a pet through me, you must be aware that you cannot at any time part with that pet for any reason, unless he/she comes back to Leicestershire Dogs
14. At the time of adoption, there is a donation expected to be paid for each pet. This goes towards the ever-growing vet and fostering costs and are not a payment for the dog, nor purchase of the adopted pet. This donation is non-refundable.
15. If a dog gets ill on you after adopting it being fit and healthy you will be responsible for vet fees as it left as a healthy dog
16. After a bad experience I will no longer let any of my dogs go to households with kids under the age of 5 years old. as from 16/08/2019
Leicestershire Dogs do not/will not tolerate prospects with trust issues or with bad energy If you don't trust us don't expect us to trust you for example if we ask you for an upfront re-homing fee then you start to dilly-dally as though you don't trust us you will be declined instantly sorry. At Leicestershire Dogs we do things differently and like to keep things straight and simple. Leicestershire Dogs has over 20 years of experience in this field, animal care, and animal behaviorist. We have not just come along as a new kid on the block we dominate Google search, known and trusted by the authorities to name a few. Work with us with a polite and friendly attitude, and we should get along just fine. Thank you.